Here are the players given extensions prior to the October 31st deadline
- James Harden – $78.6 million over 5 years
- Ty Lawson – $48 million over 4 years
- Steph Curry – $44 million over 4 years
- Jrue Holiday – $41 million over 4 years
- DeMar DeRozan – $40 million over 4 years
- Taj Gibson – $38 million over 4 years
A top 5 shooting guard (elite starter) and top 25 player (All-Star caliber player) in the league overall. A very good scorer and playmaker. Exceptionally efficient. A good defender/rebounder.
When you consider that two of the others are in their mid-thirties (Kobe, Manu) and the other two are over 30 (Wade, Joe Johnson), and that, Harden is only 23 years old and by far the best young shooting guard in the league … his value is clear.
Fully deserving of a maximum contract. Read the rest of this entry »