Cleveland Cavaliers free agent center Zydrunas Ilgauskas will follow his ex-Cavs teammate LeBron James to the Miami Heat, his agent told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
“Once LeBron signed there, LeBron started recruiting him,” said Herb Rudoy, Ilgauskas’ agent, according to the report.
The only outstanding issue is whether Ilgauskas will sign a one-year deal or a one-year deal plus a player option, Rudoy said, according to the report.
The center would sign for the league’s veteran minimum of $1.4 million.
Nice signing by Miami.
- Big Z will give Miami a quality fourth big in the depth chart.
- Someone who is capable of offering 5-10 minutes a night
- Ilgauskas will give them real size and length off the bench. Allow Miami to match up against bigger longer sides.
- Very important for matching up against the LA Lakers or Portland Trailblazers in a potential NBA Finals matchup.
- Ilgauskas also offers a nice shooting touch and ability to space the floor. Something with Joel Anthony doesn’t offer. A good contrast in skills there which can be used for certain situations.