In General NBA on July 1, 2015 at 8:35 am
- 2014/15 – cap was $63 million
- 2015/16 – cap expected to be $70 million
- 2016/17 – cap expected to be $89 million
- 2017/18 – cap expected to be $108 million
So for evaluating contract this off-season,
- 2016/17 cap = a 43% rise on last year’s numbers
- 2017/18 cap = a 72% rise on last year’s numbers
In General NBA on April 16, 2015 at 7:38 pm
- Atlanta over Brooklyn – short series. 4 or 5 games.
- Cleveland over Boston – short series. 4 or 5 games.
- Chicago over Milwaukee – medium length series. 5 or 6 games.
- Toronto over Washington – long series. 6 or 7 games.
The Raptors vs Wizards series is the only series in the East that I think will be closely fought. To be honest, it is the only series in the East that I am looking forward to seeing in the first round. I expect the Bulls to toy with the Bucks and let them hang around longer than they should but ultimately take care of business. Chicago has too much talent for the Milwaukee. The Hawks and Cavs should have comfortable series wins against vastly inferior opponents.