Rajon Rondo trade to Dallas is confirmed. Celtics getting Brandan Wright, Crowder, picks and some filler.
So this clears the way for Marcus Smart to take over as starting PG for the Boston Celtics. Back on draft day, I felt that Marcus Smart was one of the most NBA ready players in this draft class and now with Rondo out of the way, Smart will have the chance to show that.
The Competition for RoY
The early returns for Rookie of the Year are fairly weak:
- Andrew Wiggins = 12.6ppg, 3.8rpg in 30.8mpg with above average defense
- Jabari Parker = injured, out for season, played only 20 games
- Embiid = injured, out for season, 0 games
- Aaron Gordon = injured, out indefinitely, looks stuck in a 15-20mpg bench role even if/when he returns
- Dante Exum = raw and struggling most nights