Last month I looked at all the teams who figure to have substantial cap space heading into this summer, detailing how much cap flexibility they had and pondering on how they may use it in free agency.
However, those teams are not the only ones who are facing major financial decisions this summer. Now, I’ll switch my attention to teams who are over the luxury tax line, near the tax line, or who have players looking for large extensions which could put them over their limit. Teams who are facing major financial pressures, and consequently may be forced to make changes.
I haven’t written up a complete list of teams that I’ll be looking at, but here’s a few that have already caught my attention:
- New Orleans Hornets – click here
- Los Angeles Lakers – click here
- Utah Jazz — click here — for an updated post following Boozer, Memo, and Korver all deciding to stay with Utah, please click here.
- Washington Wizards – click here
- Phoenix Suns — click here — for an updated post following the trade of Shaquille O’Neal, please click here.
- Milwaukee Bucks — click here
And to a lesser extent